Forbes Blockchain 50 is published for the Top Companies Using the Top DLT/Blockchain Platforms.
Findings of the report as summarised by the website “Blockdata” are below.
HOW DOES FORBES CREATE THE LIST?
“The list aims to capture the billion dollar companies most active in blockchain. To be included in the Blockchain 50 [list], a company must have a valuation above $1 billion.”
“Hyperledger Fabric is the most popular outright with 24 companies using the permissioned ledger.”
“Ethereum is a close second with 22 firms.”
“Corda from R3 is used by 11 companies, including GE, Nasdaq, UBS, Aon, and BMW.”
“Quorum, JPMorgan’s enterprise version of Ethereum, is used by 7 companies.”
WHAT BUSINESS PROBLEMS IS BLOCKCHAIN BEING USED FOR IN THIS LIST?
- “Asset tokenization & bond issuance: Santander, Overstock’s tZERO, and Daimler”
- “Provenance: traceability platforms like IBM Food Trust (Dole, Nestlé, and Walmart) and Tracr (De Beers and others)”
- “Custody solutions: Bakkt (owned by Intercontinental Exchange), HSBC’s Digital Vault, and Coinbase Custody”
- “Enterprise infrastructure developments: blockchain development platforms such as JPMorgan’s Quorum, Bitfury’s Exonum, and IBM Blockchain and the various Hyperledger projects”
- “Trade Finance: Foxconn, Tencent, and Shell; komgo and Contour trade finance platforms (which ING and Citi are both members of)”
SEE MORE INFORMATION ON THE REPORT
See Blockdata Article: https://medium.com/blockdata/forbes-blockchain-50-data-deep-dive-117fc230822f